Written by Mary Enke | Creative Lead & Senior Buyer, Incentive Services
The M&IW Global Incentive Services Team recently completed an extremely well-received and successful sales incentive program for a large pharmaceutical company in Puglia, Italy. Our team was so impressed with this unique and emerging destination that we wanted to highlight it for our community.
Relatively untouched by tourism, the beautiful region of Puglia is located in southeastern Italy. This area, the “heel” of the peninsula, is known for its wealth of beaches, olive gardens, orchids, blue sea, friendly locals and long sunny days with an average of 300 sunny days per year.
Some notables about the area include:
- The area combines culture, leisure, architecture and resort beaches
- Situated between the Ionian and Adriatic Seas
- Largely unexplored landscape of unique villages and undiscovered culture
- Access via two airports: Bari and Brindisi with under an hour transfer via coach
Best Time to Visit:
The best time to visit is between May and September when the average highs range from 71 – 78 degrees. The area experiences relatively low precipitation all year long with only 2-3 inches per month.
M&IW Recommended Property:
The Borgo Egnazia which opened in May 2012 is modeled after a traditional Apulian village with its striking architecture and unique, contemporary style. Its central piazza, the Borgo, is the heart of the property. Onsite activities include golf, bicycles, horseback riding, tennis, yoga, spa, beach and water sports.
M&IW Recommended Off-site Activities:
The area boosts a unique opportunity to experience the Italian way of life and culture. Some of our favorite activities to do just that include:
- Castellana Grottos Cave Tour
- Cooking classes with world renowned Italian Chefs
- San Domenico Golf Club
- Locorotondo with Olive Oil Tasting
- Ostuni White City Adventure
- Ancient Egnazia Ruins Excursion
- Ancient Matera Adventure – “City of Stones”
- Castel Del Monte Castle | Winery Lunch
- Explore Roman Castles and Cathedrals
Looking to take it up a notch? Consider adding another destination to the program for an added experience! Options for Dual Destination Programs include the Amalfi Coast, Rome, Tuscany, and France. Our Global Incentive Services team is happy to assist you with your next destination search or answer any questions you may have about a location. To connect with one of our incentive team experts, please email us at email@example.com. And, be sure to stay tuned for more Destination Spotlights!